How to Restore Your Faith in Humanity
Let’s face it, the state of the world is appalling and the general media we’re all exposed to can leave you feeling like humankind is a cancer to the Earth and that there’s no hope for us.
I have my days when I fall into the despair of this belief and want to throw up my hands and say “Uncle! I’m done. Had enough. Don’t have the strength or will to deal with this anymore.”
I don’t let myself sit there too long because that is downright dangerous to my being, so over the years I’ve developed some strategies to restore my faith and refuel my strength.
I hope some of these suggestions will help you get through another day as well.
- First thing I do is reach out to my partner, a friend, a family member, or my own life coach. Connection is so important for your health, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. (Connecting with your people also helps remind you that there are still good ones in the world.)
- I restrict my exposure to ‘bad news media’ whenever possible.
- I follow people and small businesses on FaceBook who share uplifting posts.
- Believe it or not, I Google searched ‘Restore my faith in humanity’ and got a great list to look at. I love technology. 🙂
- I create lists of books, movies, websites, and other sources that restore me.
The following is my own list of links & sources I’ve found helpful.
This is a small list of uplifting, life inspiring films that I’ve enjoyed. The last four are based on real life stories.
- Good Will Hunting
- Last Holiday
- Peace Love and Misunderstanding
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- The Blind Side
- Dead Poets Society
- Patch Adams
Any in the series of ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ or ‘Chicken soup for the Soul’. Based on life stories contributed to the authors, I’ve found both of these series of books extremely heart strengthening.
The glorious world of YouTube, where you can find videos on how to do anything. I’ve also found it very handy in restoring my faith in mankind. 🙂
This is by no means a comprehensive list. There are countless sources out there and I encourage you to find your own. The good news won’t always find it’s way to you. It’s important to be pro-active and search it out where you can.
The general media thrives on sensationalism and negative world news. Take control of what you and your loved ones are exposed to. Search out the beautiful and inspiring sources to take in and share. There really is no shortage out there. It just takes a little effort to find. It can make a huge difference in your outlook and restore your heart’s strength.
Then go out in the world and be a person who restores the faith of others in humanity. Because – “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.”
Keep up the good fight and if you feel you need some extra support or you want guidance in uncovering your ‘super powers’, please contact me.
~ What will you find? I’d love for you to share it with me in the comment section below.
An initial 1/2 hour consultation, by phone or Skype, is free . During this time, we’ll assess your needs and goals and decide whether we’re a comfortable fit to play together. 😉
I charge on a sliding scale according to your budget so don’t be afraid to ask.
Connect with me @ firstname.lastname@example.org